By / Admin
Helpful Moving Tips
When lifting heavy objects, bend your knees and use your legs. Never lift with your back bent.
- Never use newspaper to wrap your possessions. Newspaper has an open-grain construction and the inks used in printing are not dry. That ink will rub off and stain anything that is wrapped with newspaper.
- Avoid loading more than 50 pounds into one box.
- Label each box and indicate the following:
- Which room it should go in.
- Whether it is fragile.
- If it should be loaded last so it will be unloaded first.
- Double check closets, drawers, shelves, attic and garage to be sure they are empty.
- Carry important documents, currency and jewelry yourself, or use registered mail.
- Carry travelers checks for quick, available funds.